Tuesday 21 June 2011

Reasons Why Emoticon...Fathers



Now, perhaps never having had a father figure has made me a bit harsh and over-expecting of the whole species in general but never mind, there is no changing that now.

But even if that is the case there is no denying that some fathers in books re complete and utter swines! They really are!

They are selfish, unfeeling, callous and just plain idiotic.

Abandon by Meg Cabot
Your daughter was being molested and you yell at her for breaking the creep’s hand. Jee, parental nurturing RIGHT there guys.

Never Say Never by Kelly Mooney
I wanted to hit this man! He was never there for his daughter when she needed him. He forgot her birthday because he was too busy with his girlfriend. And then, when they were both having a nice day together and having some father/daughter bonding time she walks into a restaurant to see the table set for three because he decided to invite the girlfriend along – the girlfriend that the daughter has only met ONCE. The whole book kind-a made me mad but he made me the maddest. He was such a selfish jerk. Argh, just thinking about it makes me angry.
So, there we have another reason why a book may get a Emoticon from me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you on the dad in Abandon, he sucked.
    and such dad really bug me sometimes :(

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!