Tuesday 28 June 2011

Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch



Marketing manager Katherine "Kitty" Katt steps into the middle of what appears to be a domestic dispute turned ugly. And it only gets uglier when the man turns into a winged monster, straight out of a grade-Z horror movie, and goes on a killing spree. Though Kitty should probably run away, she springs into action to take the monster down.
In the middle of the chaos a handsome hunk named Jeff Martini appears, sent by the "agency" to perform crowd control. He's Kitty's kind of guy, no matter what planet he's from. And from now on, for Kitty, things are going to be sexy, dangerous, wild, and out of this world.

This was pretty good. I wasn't really sure what to expect since I am more comfortable in the realm of fantasy and not much of a hard-core sci-fi reader and since this has aliens left, right and centre I am pretty sure it can come under the sci-fi section – although not exactly hard-core….

Kitty made the perfect leading lady and reacted just how I would expect a person to (even though a few freak outs on her part wouldn't have gone amiss).Despite having some pretty serious stuff going on there was plenty of comic relief that had me giggling quite happily to myself and Jeff was just adorable from the very beginning. 

And since this is me doing the review let’s not forget the dysfunctional parents shall we. I just could not gel with Katherine’s mother one bit, from the moment she showed up I didn’t like her. Her dad was nice though.

And hairspray kills aliens - who knew? 

I can't wait to read the second in the series and I hope there are loads more - it is a nice break from all the vampire romances that are out there. Let’s have some Aliens!

This was a really fun read with laugh-out-loud moments, romance, twists, turns and good guys gone bad. Can’t ask for much more than that, really can you? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!