Monday 5 May 2014

Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie - Review

Death on the NileDeath on the Nile by Agatha Christie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This wasn't one of my favourite TV adaptations but I am glad I gave the book a chance. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Thumbs Up
The beginning and the end.
Of course there was great stuff in between but I loved how the book came full circle. We start of with two characters (who we never see again until the end) talking about the heiress who had bought the local big house. We pick up with them again once all of the drama is over, and murders have been committed and after a few comments on what they have read in the papers, life goes on. I really liked that.
I really enjoyed the introductions to the rest of the characters and how we get to learn the basics of why they are going to Egypt. It was fun to pick up on each of them when we see them again.


Thumbs Down
Some of the characters seemed a bit too...much (?). Very melodramatic and over the top. It grated on me a little bit.
I hate to say this but Poirot irritated me, he came across as quite pompous.

All in All
A fun read were the things that annoyed me didn't annoy me enough to put down the book.




View all my reviews Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!