Thursday 23 February 2012

Honestly, Red Riding Hood was Rotten! by Trisha Speed Shaskan

I actually read this last year but for some reason a post wasn't put up for it *shrug* don't know why.

Anyhoo, here it is now. I think for the under 6s this would be a great, fun read.



Honestly, Red Riding Hood Was Rotten!: The Story of Little Red Riding Hood as Told by the WolfHonestly, Red Riding Hood Was Rotten!: The Story of Little Red Riding Hood as Told by the Wolf by Trisha Speed Shaskan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I thought that this was going to be a fun alternative take on Red Riding Hood. I thought that we were going to be told that the wolf wasn't really all that bad, he didn't eat Red and her Gran and was just the victim of bad publicity.

Yeah, this is not the case.

We meet Wolf having a very healthy salad as he proceeds to tell us what really happened.

It wasn't his fault that he ate Little Red Riding Hood and her Granny. He was starving. And apples are his favourite. And who was dressed all in red like a juicy apple - Red Riding Hood. And who was all in green - Granny. So as he is starving who does he eat? You got it!

I think that kids who are not yet old enough to pick this to death will love it :)

*I received this book in e-book form from NetGalley*

View all my reviews free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!