Monday 20 February 2012

A Withering Tights Dream by Louise Rennison


midsummer
Yaroooo! Tallulah’s triumphant Heathcliff in ‘Wuthering Heights’ the comedy musical was enough to secure her place at Dother Hall performing arts college for another term. She can’t wait to see her pals again, Charlie and the boys from Woolf Academy and maybe even bad boy Cain…
When an international visitor comes to stay could the bright lights of Broadway be calling? And for who? Find out in the next Misadventures of Tallulah Casey.



Lulah has got back into Dother Hall performing arts college and is back again with the crazy characters of the first book while some of them are moving on to pastures new.

What I love about these books is that there is NO parental involvement, so there is not parents around for me to get angry and irritated with. Love it!

Brilliant! And in my opinion so much more funnier than the first book – although I find the bit were Lula is on her own without her friends around a lot for LOL hilarious.

The one aspect of the books that I do find a little ‘yeah right’ are the breast bits. I can never remember being pre-occupied as a pre-teen or a teen with my cup size or that I wasn’t growing fast enough or whatever so the constant ‘corker’ reference did get on my nerves quite a little bit…

A fun read, I can’t believe I have to wait until next year too find out what happens.

2 comments:

  1. what id the next book going to be called ????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a huge fan of the Georgia Nicolson series. They're absolutely fabulous, so I had pretty high expectations for Withering Tights. Withering Tights did not let me down, although it didn't start off as good as I expected. I'm going to try not to compare this series to the Georgia Nicolson series, but it'll be a little hard.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!