Tuesday 10 May 2011

Avalon High by Meg Cabot


PUBLISHED 2006
Avalon High seems like a typical high school, attended by typical students: There's Lance, the jock. Jennifer, the cheerleader. And Will, senior class president, quarterback, and all-around good guy.
But not everybody at Avalon High is who they appear to be ... not even, as new student Ellie is about to discover, herself. What part does she play in the drama that is unfolding? What if the bizarre chain of events and coincidences she has pieced together means -- as with the court of King Arthur -- tragedy is fast approaching Avalon High?
Worst of all, what if there's nothing she can do about it?


(INTO THE OLD WORLD READING CHALLENGE)

This book is a re-read. And thinking about it now I think I probably read it about once a year. But it is good and  it's a nice easy read too.

I always wanted to be an Ellie growing up. Tall and athletic. Needless to say, that didn't happen. Short and on the dumpy side of slim is more like me, but never mind, I got over it.

The whole idea of this story is pretty cool. That through the years the powers of good and evil have been fighting as King Arthur's attempt to 'rise again' are thwarted by the evil Mordred. Like I said. Pretty cool!

Ellie is a fun character to read the story through, she has whit and more than once I found myself giggling at her reactions to things.

Will is just too perfect! I couldn't really like him, no matter how hard I tried. Perfect grades, perfect manners...he is just too shiny. I totally get that he is supposed to be a modern King Arthur but really! Couldn't the guy have bad breath or something!

All in all, a fun read.



2 comments:

  1. Kind of agree with you about Will, but I kind of love this book anyway. LOL.

    But then, that's the King Author thing, he's just too good to be true and I think that's in part why he always losses Guinevere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Alex (A Girl, Books, OtherThings)

    Yeah, despite the Will thing I love this book. But then again I love Camelot, Arthur and Guinevere and the whole knights in shining armour thing *swoon*.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!