Monday 18 July 2011

Artemis Fowl #1 by Eoin Colfer

Twelve-year-old Artemis Fowl is a millionaire, a genius—and, above all, a criminal mastermind. But even Artemis doesn’t know what he’s taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit. 

These aren’t the fairies of bedtime stories; these fairies are armed and dangerous. 

Artemis thinks he has them right where he wants them…but then they stop playing by the rules. 




I finished this over a week ago and didn’t jump straight into writing a review because I wasn’t sure what to make of it…and I am still a little stuck over what I think…and I can’t really think of anything mind blowing to say about it…

Well…it’s not that I don’t like the story, it is what I think of Artemis Fowl himself that is my hiccup. Maybe if I keep reading the series this will change but right now I don’t like him. He was far too cocky and full of himself for my liking. I just wanted someone to chop him down to size.

It was the other characters that made this book worth the read for me. The Elves and fae characters mostly. I loved this take on things, and the way that the leprechaun mythology was tied into the story.

This was a fun read, even if I didn’t like the main character ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!