Saturday 8 October 2011

NaNoWriMo


Hi everybody!

It’s October 6th, and you know what that means don't you!

Yes it means that we are approximately 25 days away from November 1st and by extension 25 days away from the beginning of NaNoWriMo.

So this is a reminder for those of you who - like me - have a brain like a sieve and forgot all about it.

But what is NaNoWriMo, says those who haven't heard of it - and in all fairness I didn't even know this existed until 2 years ago.

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month which is November. And the aim of the game is to complete a 50,000 word novel in 30 days! Impossible you say! Nah, it's not really. Just set yourself a daily goal, stuck to it. And before you can say National Novel Writing Month you'll have the beginnings of a novel.

Ok, I know that's a lie. It is hard and you have to fight a whole bunch of stuff from writers block to running out of coffee. But it is a very cool idea though huh.

Now, this is the first year that I will actually be participating. I wanted to join in last year but my Grandmother took a heart attack and wasn't expected to recover so last year ended up being uber stressful - FYI she recovered and although she isn't as spry and energetic as she was before the attack at least she isn't hallucinating and a gazillion other things anymore.

But moving on. I will be joining in the NaNoWriMo stress party this year. Yay, can't wait.

And if any of you guys are participating you should be able to find me here!

Come on guys be BRAVE! :)

*skips away*

WWW.NANOWRIMO.ORG

**My scheduling is WAY out it isn’t even funny. So no it isn’t the 6th. Sorry :)**

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

2 comments:

  1. *panics

    To be honest, I TOTALLY forgot. Man, I need to get it together! I did NaNoWriMo twice before, but third times a charm...right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!

    You should so do it *puppy dog eyes*
    I am actually really surprised how much I am getting into it. I haven't felt this excited for anything in ages :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!