Friday 11 May 2012

Feature and Follow Friday

Follow Friday is a weekly Blog Hop that can be found over at Parajunkee’s View.

This weeks question is -

This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother’s Day, in celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?

It seems like the books that I read (not purposefully) all have either orphans or UBER dysfunctional families – something that I can appreciate in some books but bugs the life out of me in others I won’t go into that rant here thought look here if you would like to read my thoughts on that.

Moving on…

Soooo mother/daughter relationships in books. Gee I am drawing a blank on this one.

I suppose i like the relationship between Mia and her mother in the Princess Diaries books. There’s seems to be more like a sister relationship than mother and daughter most of the time…

Who else?

(Seriously I am scanning my bookshelves waiting for a bolt of lightning to hit me with an idea…it ain’t happening)

Sorry guys that’s the best I have got for now…

Mostly the mother/daughter relationships in books tend to bug me and make me want to throw the books across the room for one reason or another. Winking smile

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

7 comments:

  1. Haha, I totally agree wit your answer! But I also found this one really difficult, as like you, most books I read include a dysfunctional family! Also, I'm a new follower. Hope you can stop by my blog sometime. :)

    Jessica from Booked Up!
    http://www.bookedupbloggers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/feature-and-follow-friday-8.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a really hard time picking a specific example too! Check out my FF @ http://best-of-ya.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow-friday-20.html. I'm a new follower by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower via GFC!

    I think I'm kinda in the same boat, because I drew a blank at first. But then I came up with a good answer. Check it out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only seen, not read, Princess Diaries. It took me awhile to come up with an answer myself.

    My follow friday. Hope you'll visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kind of strange that this was such a tricky answer, don't you think? New follower via GCF, take a peek at my blog and maybe return the favor?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm glad you didn't mention Molly Weasly from the HP series. I hadn't thought of The Princess Diaries; however, I think that's a good choice. And I agree with your assessment that they seemed more like sisters. But still, it is a strong and unique relationship. Well done.

    New follower:
    http://michelecozzens.blogspot.com

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree! :) I could see the relationship and how strong it was! :)

    New follower!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!