Friday 18 May 2012

TGIF–A Book Blogger is Born


TGIF is a weekly meme that can be found over at greadsbooks.com. Every week you can find a question that is bound to get you thinking.


What made you decide to start your very own book blog?



Wow, you know I have no idea…I have always been an avid reader since a pretty young age. The only reader – other than my nan – in my family so you can imagine how frustrating it was trying to find an outlet for all the book I was reading and wanting to talk about. The being the only bookie in the family part of this story has changed in the past couple of years though I will add :)


"I'm all alone..."



So to begin with a joined Goodreads which was brilliant for posting my thoughts on books. BUT that wasn’t all I wanted to do though. I wanted to write about other topics, topics that were still in the realm of books but that weren’t strictly reviews. And thoughts that reading a book may have triggered but I couldn’t exactly bung them into the middle of a book review.


And I think that is what made me decide to sign up for a Blogger account.
I wanted to go off on a tangent if I wanted without watching someone’s -who didn’t care about what I was reading anyway – eyes glaze over with boredom.


And even if there was no one out ‘there’ reading what I was thinking it made me feel better just to get my thoughts onto the screen.


Blogging I have discovered is VERY therapeutic :)


(I don't own Donkey and the meme graphic is from GReadsSmile)


Post Signature

4 comments:

  1. Amen to it being therapeutic! I started on Goodreads too - which is awesome for tracking books read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blog is awesome therapy, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I've had a few slumps from time to time, I do enjoy writing on my blog .... and I like connecting with other readers. I come from a family of readers, but I think they sometimes think my reading taste is weird, so I'm happy to connect with other people through blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a post I completely agree with! :) I also like just getting my thoughts out there on the screen, even with no readers or visitors or commenters... I like that it's out there. I do believe blogging is also very therapeutic :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!