Monday 9 July 2012

How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse (How to Train Your Dragon Bk #4) by Cressida Cowell

In his 4th sidesplitting adventure, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III must rescue his best friend, Fishlegs, from the deadly disease Vorpentitis. The only cure is rare and almost impossible to find...a potato. But where will Hiccup find such a thing? He'll have to dodge the terrible Sharkworms, battle Doomfang (abilities = 30), and outwit crazy Hooligans if he's going to be a Hero...again. A fast paced plot, slapstick humor, witty dialogue and imaginative black and white illustrations enhance this exciting tale.
(Image and Description from Goodreads)

Fishlegs has been bitten by a dragon and has become ill with Vorpentitis. His only hope lies in the mythical vegetable - the potato.

Out of all of the book sof this series so far this one has the most twists and turns. As I was reading I kept thinking I had it sussed and then BAM, OK maybe I don't have it all figured out after all.

I felt my anger at the adults in this story growing. I doesn't seem to matter how much Hiccup does or how many times he saves the day they are always doubting him. Although his father finally clues in on something. :)

This book hasn't been my favourite in the series. It was still good but it was missing something that was in the first three books and I can't quite pit my finger on it.

I still can't wait to get stuck into Book 5 though!


Post Signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I LOVE these books! I really enjoyed this one, but to me the best one was the first one! :) There is a new one coming out soon, which I'm really excited about reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!