Wednesday 11 July 2012

Woolgather Wednesday (5) To Bookmark or Not to Bookmark, that is the question...?



Hello darlings.

Still working my way through mt notebook of random bookie thoughts and observations.

They come in all shapes, sizes and colours.

You can make your own or buy them. You can get them in paper, card or metal. Hey you can even get ones with magnets and your favourite characters on them.

What am I talking about?



BOOKMARKS!

So guys do you use them?

Or do you ......



DOG EAR!!!!!!!




(this is nothingness btw)






or maybe you are a rebel and use *waves magic wand* nothing....


I love bookmarks, I am tripping over them I love them that much. The problem is though that, all though some of them a VERY pretty they just ain't practical for keeping your place in a book without mangling the page - yip, you know what I mean don't you? We've all been there. Been lured in by the pretty design only to discover upon use that the uber-pretty bookmark is a book eater.

So when it comes to books I am more-often than not a post-it of piece of paper kind of gal.

(although I do have a favourite bookmark that gets brought out of retirement occasional)

Anyway, pieces of paper and post-its are brilliant because I can scribble down notes and page numbers to bore entice you guys with later in a review :)

But, I have a favourite book of mine that gets re-read several times a year. And this book had notes in it, dog-eared pages, a mangled spine and has been sticky-taped in several places to keep it from falling apart. So, I definitely dog-ear too.

And unless the book is below 100 pages I just don't have the patience to go flicking through a book to try and find the page because I have forgotten where I left off. So I don't do nothin'

:0)

Post Signature

*Images do not belong to me*

3 comments:

  1. I'm a bookmark girl but I only use standard paper bookmarks with no dangling things. Dogearing is outright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pretty bookmarks like those in the pic i dont like bending the pages because i like keeping books as neat as possible

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for pretty bookmarks! I got this beautiful South African one, only to find that it had tore my book, which I was NOT happy about. -_-
    I always use bookmarks and it I haven't one on me, then I just try and memorize the page number, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!