Tuesday 8 November 2011

Dating a Cougar by Donna McDonald

Ok, I had a perfectly logical explanation for reading this. Honest!


Somethings Gotta Give - you know, the film. Is one of my favourite films. It just struck a cord with me but I could not help but want Erica to get together with Julian (the doctor) which she does YAY but then she ends up with Jack BOOO!




<-----------------------YAY






BOOOOO--------------------------->



So that is why I grabbed this book - figuratively speaking as it was a Kindle read.

Now, on a side note I am a bit dim and wouldn't have even known what the term 'cougar' referred too if some months ago it hadn't come up in a conversation with my aunt - believe me, you do not want to know what kind of a crazy conversation THAT was. 

Moving on. 

Maybe some spoilers coming. Ye be warned. 

So we have our main leading lady who is an ex-model, who's husband turned gay and now owns her own design business and our guy who lost his wife two years previously and has a leg injury from service and is living with his cousin (I think it is his cousin...). So there we have our characters and why they are alone.

And how do they meet. Well our ladies daughter is dating the cousin isn't she. Obviously!

So...what do I have to say about this book...

Focuses A LOT on the physical - that reminds me there will be another rant coming soon my minions. I like my books on a more emotional level but that is just a personal preference.

Casey (our dude) is a bit of a prat at some points (as is traditional really) and has a few jealous fits and 'how dare you be smiling at other men' moments. And all I could think was, 'oh for pities sake grow up man!!! You are 38 for crying out loud!!!' So yeah those bits did annoy me, a tad.

Honestly I don't have an awful lot to say about this.

It was okaaaaay but it didn't quite live up to what I was hoping it would be. I mean, I got what I wanted in that the older woman stayed with the younger guy but I don't know *shrug* it just missed the mark for me.

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good premise but I it doesn¡t sound like it lived up to it.

    I sort of liked Something Gotta Give but I thought it was WAY too long, like they should have cut it by half an hour at least.

    Anyhow. I generally don't mind when the lady is older than the guy, but not too much. :P I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! Sorry, that was me from another account : ^^

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!