Tuesday 20 January 2015

A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden #2) by Charlaine Harris

A Bone to Pick: An Aurora Teagarden Novel (Aurora Teagarden 2)
(Book cover and synopsis from goodreads.com)
Aurora "Roe" Teagarden's fortunes change when a deceased acquaintance names her as heir to a rather substantial estate, including money, jewelry, and a house complete with a skull hidden in a window seat. Roe concludes that the elderly women has purposely left her a murder to solve. So she must identify the victim and figure out which one of her new, ordinary-seeming neighbors is a murderer- without putting herself in deadly danger.



So...2 books into the 3 books I have available of this series and I am still not sure if I like the heroine and that is making this post very hard to write.

Thumbs Up
The mystery!
One of the characters from the last book (a little old lady who I really liked) has died - from natural causes - and has left pretty much everything to Aurora. What I loved was that most of this book was spent wondering if this harmless little old lady had killed someone and kept their head as a memento.

Thumbs Down
I really don't understand a great deal of Aurora's actions in this and she seemed to go on with life a bit too easily and to almost forget about the skull she had found.

I don't know if it is the setting or what but some comments seem quite tasteless and slap me across the face when they suddenly come up.

All in All
This book was a bit of  miss for me. I could read the 'mystery' but I found it a bit dull and pointless at the end.

Onto book 3.

Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!