Sunday 24 February 2013

Sunday Round-Up #7

On the Blog

(sorry, due to my own stupidity a of this weeks posts ended up being uber late! Ma bad!)

Monday - Review - Bunny and the Bear (Bk #1 Furry United Coalition) by Eve Langlais 

Tuesday - Review - Saving Sara by Angela Castle

Wednesday - Review - Shield (Bk#1 New World) by C.L.Scholey

Thursday - List - Science Fiction Romance

Friday - Series Shout Out! Tales of the Frog Princess by E.D. Baker

Saturday - Favourite Romance Shout Out! Petals on the River by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss



WITH MYRA

(Details for where to find the story are below)


This week with Myra-
Nothing to report in Myra's life this week I'm afraid. 
Although I have shuffled the chapters around so that the flow for the next section works a bit better - I gave been working on the next couple of chapters for weeks but they didn't fit properly. 





Chapter 5 - The First Entry
Easy - 10 mins 45 secs
Easy - 11 mins 58 secs
Easy - 10 mins 6 secs
Medium - 13 mins 16 secs
Easy - 9 mins 22 secs

So dad plopped this book down on my hospital bed last week...
I will admit it is a pretty cute little thing, all floral and girly. It stuck out like the proverbial sore thumb against the stark white of my hospital bedding - I think I might wake up one morning and go blind from all of the white glaring at my eyeballs if I don't get out of here soon. 
As cliche as this sounds, my dad is not a brilliant communicator. He gives amazing hugs - the great big bear kind that make you feel like you are being surrounded on all sides - and is a great listener and advice giver when you give him the time to think over an issue. But when it comes to general communication, not so much. The words just don't seem to happen the way that I am sure they were laid out in his head. 
Bearing this in mind, how the heck was I supposed to get "Treat this book like your new BFF and tell it all of your deepest and darkest secrets," out of "Sweetie this is for you, I'll see you at visiting time tomorrow,"? 
Really! How? Just...how?
 I just thought it was a random gift and that maybe my little brother had picked it out for me from the gift shop or something - he's a cute kid and has been filling up my side-table with all kinds of little presents he has been talking my dad into buying for him to give to me. Besides, you don't give someone a present and tell them what to do with it. You just don't do that kind of thing. My dad does. 
After finding out that I have been using the notebooks - sorry Journal - to keep track of my Sudoku solving times - don't judge me! - he was quick to inform me on how I am supposed to be using it. 
This book is now to be my bestest friend EVA!
Kill me now. 
Maybe I'll go for a paddle and let the shark finish me off. 
Yeah, that is why I am in hospital right now. Shark attack. And that is also the reason for this journal. Dad has been talking to shrink and apparently I need to get my feelings out. I have never been one to talk about things and I have a feeling that dad told the good Dr that and this was he next best thing they could think of. Of course it isn't stopping the shrink from coming to pay me a visit in a few days. 
I don't need to talk about anything! I mean, what am I going to say? It's not like I can complain about the shark bullying me and then taking it too far one day...
Besides, if I told him what really happened I would be out of this hospital bed quicker than I can spit and in a padded cell. Although I think there would be a higher entertainment value to the padded cell than the ward I am in right now I don't think I would like it in the long run.

---------
You can find the rest of the story here ---> Sink or Swim (NaNoWriMo 2012) my pen-name is SleepyScribbler there.~~~

Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!