Tuesday 13 March 2012

Glory in Death (In Death #2) by J.D. Robb

 Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
It is 2058, New York City. In a world where technology can reveal the darkest of secrets, there's only one place to hide a crime of passion-in the heart.
Even in the mid-twenty-first century, during a time when genetic testing usually weeds out any violent hereditary traits before they can take over, murder still happens. The first victim is found lying on a sidewalk in the rain. The second is murdered in her own apartment building. Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas has no problem finding connections between the two crimes. Both victims were beautiful and highly successful women. Their glamorous lives and loves were the talk of the city. And their intimate relations with men of great power and wealth provide Eve with a long list of suspects-including her own lover, Roarke



Basic plot – Famous woman are being killed and Eve has to find the killer before it is too late, even if it means using herself as bate.

I liked this book a tad more than the 2nd, I can’t really put my finger on why, maybe because I am getting to know more of the characters and their personalities and what makes them tick… I don’t know.
In this we get to see more of Eve’s steely personality and how much her job means to her and what she will do to make sure that her job is done to the best of her ability even if she suffers personally because of it.
I did feel slightly cheated in the romance side of things though. This book takes place several months after book 1 so I felt as though the development of the relationship had taken place off screen where I couldn’t see it, so that bugged me a little.

My heart went out to Eve several times through the course of the book. As several people close to Eve have a personal interest in the case her decisions and actions are questioned – which if it was just her work ethic that was being questioned I wouldn’t have minded so much – but some people also bring up her past in an attempt to hurt her even though she is just trying to do her job… Yeah, I wanted to slap quite a few people in this book, which on a side note was pretty nice as the last few books I have read I couldn’t muster up enough energy to care that much about what the characters did – they just bugged me. So yeah, it was nice to feel that emotional about the story.

I can’t wait to start the 3rd book Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!