Friday 17 August 2012

Mansfield Park - Thoughts on Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

Wow, is it just me or is time just flying by?

Welcome to Mansfield Park Week!

From my various friends who are into the classics I have gathered that Mansfield Park seems to be one of the least liked books of the Austen bunch.

But, as I have never been one to go with the flow, I am going to have to admit that next to Persuasion (which goes on and off the like list depending on my mood) Mansfield Park is my favourite of them all.

Why?

Well my reason for liking it seems to be the same reason that most don't.

Fanny Price.

She is just a normal person. She is not looking for adventure or out to be a heroine - in her own life or anyone elses. She is a genuinely nice person who tries to make the best of her situation without kicking up a fuss or drawing more attention to herself than needed.

But - and I know some will disagree here - she was not a pushover and when she firmly believed in something she was not swayed from her own personal belief.

And in the end this is very much a Cinderella story.


Post Signature

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Mansfield Park isn't very talked about but I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!