Thursday 28 June 2012

How to Be a Pirate (How to Train Your Dragon Bk #2) by Cressida Cowell


Follows the further adventures and misadventures of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III as his Viking training continues and his father leads a stranger and the Hairy Hooligans to the Isle of Skullions in search of a pirate's treasure.
(Image and description from Goodreads)


Hiccup really shows what he is made of in this book and in my mind this kid is a true hero. I think it is a crying shame that he is constantly living with this constant doubt hanging over him. Worried that one day his father will see that he is not fit to be his heir (despite everything that he has done) and replace him with his cousin.

But when it comes down to it he has the nerve and the heart that a chief needs to keep his people safe. His cousin is very happy to act the leader but when it comes down to it he doesn’t want to face the dangers of the job. This is shown clearly when Hiccup stands up when an enemy tribe leader demands to know who the heir is. (by the way this ain’t no comical enemy, this is a ‘I will kill you if I can’ kind of enemy’)

In this book we have the introduction of a new villain, Alvin the Treacherous – and something screams at me that he is going to be a recurring villain because, as we all know Villains. Just. Don’t. Die!

Not a let-down at all guys. Lived up to the first book.



Post Signature

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I was glad to see your review for this, knowing the second book lives up to the first book just makes me want to get my hands on them more!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!