Monday 4 June 2012

Review - Ceremony in Death (In Death #5) by J.D. Robb



Even in an age of cutting-edge technology, old beliefs die hard...


Conducting a top secret investigation into the death of a fellow police officer has Lieutenant Eve Dallas treading on dangerous ground. She must put professional ethics personal loyalties. But when a dead body is placed outside her home, Eve takes the warning personally. With her husband, Roarke, watching her every move, Eve is drawn into the most dangerous case of her career. Every step she takes makes her question her own beliefs of right and wrong - and brings her closer to a confrontation with humanity's most seductive form of evil..
(Description from Goodreads)

Basic Plot 
A well respected police officer is dead.
The cause? Natural.
Or is it?

I wish that I could gush some more about the characters in these books but if I did I think there would be a risk of me repeating myself. As it stands I am still saying in every review for these books that I am really enjoying watching the relationship between Roarke and Eve grow. I am also loving seeing Eve’s aid – Peabody – come more into her own with every book.

My heart went out to Eve over and over again throughout this book as once again her drive to fulfil her duty as a police officer forces her to go against her heart and go behind the back of a man she has worked beside and grown to love over the years.

This book did have me feeling uncomfortable in places, what with the ceremonial deaths and what have you.

Because of this I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as the previous books.

So that I don’t put myself off the series by reading to many of them at one I am going to have a little break away from the books for a few reads.




Post Signature

1 comment:

  1. I love this series, but this is possibly my least favorite. I don't like the weird supernatural ones. But I love Jamie. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!