Thursday 21 June 2012

Review - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie


(I do not want to give anything away with this review so it is going to be very short :))

One of Christie's most celebrated and intriguing whodunnits, featuring the incomparable Belgian detective Hercule Poirot. The sleuth is called in to investigate the murder of wealthy businessman Roger Ackroyd - who has been found dead in a locked room!
(Description from Goodreads)

Briliant!

I really need to come up with another word don’t I… Hmm… Blethericious (?)

Moving on.

This is the first Christie book I have read properly without just making it a quick flick. This was the first because it was the first that I got though the Agatha Christie books bolection (this comes out every fortnight in the UK). And believe me, whoever made the decision to make this the first book made a smashing choice. I know that it has got me wanting to read more.

In this book me are introduced to Hercule Poirot through the eyes of the narrator who in the local doctor. Having only know Poirot through the David Suchet adaptations I loved reading about him and seeing how he is viewed by others.

The characters are anything but plain and in true crime fashion everyone has a motive…. But did they have the mean?

Great mind bending read!

Post Signature

3 comments:

  1. I've never read an Agatha Christi novel either. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really recommend this one to start with. Just enough of everything I thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!