Wednesday 9 July 2014

Mid-Year Wrap Up (Part 1) - No Reading Regrets!



Was it just me or did the first 6 months of 2014 go by super fast?

I decided that 2014 was going to be the year of no reading regrets and while the blog has been sitting pretty stagnant for the past wee while my reading for the last 6 months has thank fully picked up.

So what do I mean by no reading regrets.

Well, you know those books that have been sitting on your shelf for months (who am I kidding) years and every time you look at them you feel a little jolt of guilt or lack of achievement, because, darn it all, you should have got round to them eons ago?

Well, I am trying to fix that this year.

Goals I achieved!

  • I finally read The Lord of the Rings trilogy!!! 

To be honest I felt like a bit of a fantasy-lover-fraud because I had not read these books and now I have. Yay! And while I didn't quite get the hype I did enjoy them.
My thoughts on these will be up in the next month or so.







  • I finished the 'A House for the Season' series!


So, there are 6, 200 page books in this series and I took them (along with another series) on holiday with me last year. Needless to say, they didn't get touched. Not through lack of trying, it was just the way things worked out. So with the family trip looming on the horizon once more I set myself the goal of getting these books (that had been sitting on my shelf and glowering at me since July last year) finished.
Woo hoo! I did it!



  • I finished the last three books in the 'A School for Manners' series!

This was the other series that went on holiday with me last year. And like above the three books I didn't get to read had been staring at me for a year.





And just like that there are THREE reading regrets all taken care of  and while there are more than a few left to vanquish, these are nothing to sniff at :)


Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!