Wednesday 23 July 2014

Mid-Year Wrap Up (Part 3) - Least Favourite Reads!



In all fairness most of the books I have red this year I have thoroughly enjoyed...or enjoyed enough to not dislike completely. However, there are a few that I had to force myself through.

Here are the two at the top of the list.

The Klone and I by Daniel Steel

The Klone and I


I have read other Daniel Steel books, and while on the whole I found them depressing, I did enjoy them, but The Klone and I made my head hurt. A LOT. Steph was a weak willed heroine and I found her inner conflict more annoying than anything else. I had to force myself to the end of this.


The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter

The Bloody Chamber


This book has been on my radar for ages so when I saw it in the book shop I whipped it off the shelf before you could say 'Oh look, it's that book'. I have read it and after reading it read some reviews. It seems that everyone but me likes this book. I think the only thing that kept me going through this was that it is a collection of short stories. Had this been one novel I don't think I could have made it to the end. 

I was really disappointed by it. I don't know if I chose the wrong Carter to begin with or if it is her style I don't like... It looks like I'll have to try another by the author to find out. 



Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!