Thursday 24 July 2014

The Storybook of Legend (Ever After High Book #1) by Shannon Hale

The Storybook of Legends (Ever After High, #1)

At Ever After High, an enchanting boarding school, the children of fairytale legends prepare themselves to fulfill their destinies as the next generation of Snow Whites, Prince Charmings and Evil Queens...whether they want to or not. Each year on Legacy Day, students sign the Storybook of Legends to seal their scripted fates. For generations, the Village of Book End has whispered that refusing to sign means The End-both for a story and for a life.
As the daughter of the Evil Queen, Raven Queen's destiny is to follow in her mother's wicked footsteps, but evil is so not Raven's style. She's starting to wonder, what if she rewrote her own story? The royal Apple White, daughter of the Fairest of Them All, has a happy ever after planned for herself, but it depends upon Raven feeding her a poison apple in their future.What if Raven doesn't sign the Storybook of Legends? It could mean a happily never after for them both.


I love the Ever After High series on YouTube so when I saw this on the shelf in the shop I was like : "Oooooo there's books!" *grabby hands*

Thumbs Up!
I love Raven the daughter of the Evil Queen from Snow White and I really enjoyed getting to know a bit more about her home life and her home life. I was a bit confused about just how the reliving their parents stories actually works but maybe that'll be explained later on.
Maddie the daughter of the Mad Hatter was also a highlight of the book and her little discussions with the Narrator who she can hear where something to look forward to. She's great!
Basically Raven doesn't want to fill her mother's roll in the Snow White story and spends the whole of this book proving that she won't vanish/die if she doesn't vow to be the next Evil Queen. This made it a fun little mystery.

Thumbs Down!
I HATE Snow White's daughter, Apple White. I dislike her in the series and there was nothing in this book that made me change my mind, in fact I think it only cemented it more. As soon as she showed up I just wanted her to go away again.

All in All
Really interesting because of the background information.

View all my reviews Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!