Tuesday 8 January 2013

How to Twist a Dragon's Tale (How to Train Your Dragon Bk #5) by Cressida Cowell


Someone has stolen the Fire-Stone. Now the volcano on Volcano Island has become active and the tremors are hatching the eggs of the Exterminator dragons Can Hiccup return the Fire-Stone to the Volcano, stop the Volcano from erupting, and save the Tribes from being wiped out by the terrible sword-claws of the Exterminators?
(Image and Description from Goodreads)

Want to know something funny about this series. I started out LOVING it. No, really, it was nearly overtaking the Dork Diaries series in my estimations...but (yip, you all saw that one coming didn't you) the last 2 books have been a bit of a drag. I think this one was a smidgen more enjoyable than I found book 4 (How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse) but I still didn't get dragged into the story as easily as I did with the previous 3 in the series. 

In this book we have Toothless and Hiccup once again coming to the rescue, but this time there is more of a back story and we get a little bit of history about his mum and dad. We meet a Viking Hero famous for being...well...a Viking Hero and Alvin the Treacherous everyone's favourite recurring villain returns with another dastardly pot to try and get Hiccup. 

There was definitely suspense in this book as Hiccup tries to beat the volcano. But he doesn't only have the coming explosion to worry about, he also has to face the danger of the hatching Exterminators (woohoo another flavour of dragon) swarming the sides of the volcano. 

Dun dun duuuuuuuun. 

All in all it isn't the best of the series that I have read but it better than the last. I really hope things pick up with the next one. 
Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!