Monday 28 January 2013

The Searcher by F.M Parker


I read this book years ago and when I stumbled across it again I couldn't resist giving it a re-read.

Sam and his sister Sarah are left alone after their parents are killed in an Comanche attack and things go from bad to worse when Sarah is kidnapped and taken to Mexico to be sold. Sam's one aim becomes to rescue his sister.

I suppose you could call this a coming of age story. Sam goes from being a sixteen year old boy to a sixteen year old man from the beginning of the book to the end during his journey to rescue his sister.

The writing is a bit cheesy in some sections and I found myself thinking more than once 'who even talked like that?' but I am glad that I got to give it another read.


Post Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. I would love to see what you think about my posts so feel free to leave a little comment.


Thank you for taking the time to let me know your thoughts.

Happy reading everyone!